Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Returning to an Empty House

Upon my return to Rupperswil, Switzerland, I have found myself entering an empty house. Which, as a matter of fact, is odd because the family that I have missed so much the last two weeks is home. Yet, after spending a week with Josh, Bethany, Sara, Maren, Jake, Ric, Nick and Drew in this house, cooking, eating, playing, laughing, listening, talking, and living as close as can be to one another, this house feels incredibly empty because once again we are as far away as we were before, just in the opposite direction.

So, this is just a quick shot out to my peeps...thanks for coming to visit me, and for making this already great place even more amazing...you are missed already.


P.S. I am also just thankful the house is still here, because apparently the BBQ gas was left on for an entire week....ooops :)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh I miss you so much already. I wish I could come back today. In Idaho now- loving it! Wish I was going to see you in Minnesota- but I guess I will have to wait till Christmas. Darn.

Ric Wild said...

Possibly the best week of my entire life. Tell the family sorry for breaking their lawn chair.