Monday, August 11, 2008

Being a grown-up means liking tomatoes and other grown-up things, right?

In that case, can someone through me a coming of age party?

My childhood, teenage years, and college life were marked by my incessant opposition to anything even resembling a tomatoe. The closest I would come to the red-fruit (or is it a vegetable?) was if it had already been morphed into salsa, ketchup or spaghetti sauce.

Be it said that for the last week all of my lunches, dinners and snacks in between have included large portions of fresh cherry tomatoes from the Collicutts' garden. Now that I have been popping these sweet, round tomatoes like candy into my mouth, it can only be a sign that maturity has finally caught up with me.

But don't worry friends...even though liking tomatoes could be an outward sign of my maturing process, I will always be a salsa-loving kid at heart.