Sunday, March 16, 2008

Next stop...please depart the train.

Riding the train the other day, looking at the Swiss-landscape filled with rolling green hills, spattered with large trees beginning to bloom, and a few sheep herding through fields, made me think about all I have seen and done in my life. It has been such a blessing to travel, meet amazing people, and experience so many different views about life. These things, people and experiences have made such an impact on me, and have helped to mold me into the person I am.

As I was looking at this beautiful landscape feeling blessed by its beauty, quickly passing through on the train as simply an on-looker to the sheep, this thought came to my head...

Soon I will be twenty-three years old, and want to be more than just an on-looker passing by, being blessed by the beauty of others. Though thankful for this beauty and these blessings, it is my desire to impact other peoples' lives, make them better by being a good friend, having joy, and helping those in need. Sharing the beauty and blessings by living in them rather than passing by enjoying them only for myself.

The next train station is just ahead, I will quickly ready myself to depart the train. Now a place is free in this train for others to see the beautiful landscape, and you can find me under the blooming tree next to the other sheep hoping you can be blessed too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes yes!

-nick

Elliott John said...

Carolyn,
so great to get little pictures of what is happening in this year for you. :) we're doing great. Elliott turns one year in 2 weeks! see the updates. www.elliottwise.blogspot.com
thinking about you!