Sunday, March 30, 2008

Experiencing Easter without Tradition...

Last weekend was Easter weekend, which is usually spent in the mountains of Colorado having the best outdoor breakfast with great family friends. One of my favorite family traditions, and I look forward to it every year.

In an attempt to recreate this special day in the mountains of Switzerland, Interlaken took the place of Flagstaff mountain this Easter. However, it was unlike any traditional Easter...there were no eggs to hunt, no bacon grilling on the fire, no short hikes to the rock formation below the fire, nor any laughs with great friends like Mike and Trish...

However, this Easter I was experiencing more of Christ's Salvation than I have ever known. I have made so many mistakes in my life, and I have been incredibly selfish and sinful in the last year and a half. Despite these mistakes, God has given me the grace to be able to spend Easter weekend with the one person who I do not deserve.

Even though Easter was nothing in the way of traditional this year, my day was filled with the joy of knowing that Love is greater than sin, and grace is truly the greatest gift one can find.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
Bob, Trish, Quito, Katie, Mort& Lisa, Dad & Nancy Jean, Amy & Laurie and I all missed you on Easter morning and send you lots of love. Mike was missing as he is traveling in the holy land. Jeff was in Chicago. Breakfast was delayed 1 hour due to snow and 20 degree temps. However it was yummy and carb filled as usual!! Love & Hugs to you and Drewmeister, Mom