Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quickly passing me by like an Eternity

As I stand here waiting at the train station, an endlessly long train, zooming along the tracks of life, seems to be quickly passing me by like an eternity.

It has been almost a year since I have seen some of my greatest friends in the world. An entire four seasons have gone by since last summer, which was filled with graduation, weddings, cliff-jumping, hiking, laughing, soccer, swimming, golfing and moving. Surely, for us all, there have been mountians climbed, new friendships made, traditions created, and timeless memories experienced.

However, when I look back to the beginning of this year, it seems to have passed by so quickly. I can hardly believe that another summer is here again, nor that in just a few LONG days I will get to see the friends that I truly love. We will swim, eat, talk, laugh, play, hike, and listen to the stories of mountains climbed, friendships made and a few of those memories created throughout the last year. Most of all, I will get the blessing of just being in the same city as you amazing people again.

I am now ready for this endlessly long train to stop, and to see my friends once again. I can see the train I am waiting for just at the point on the horizon where the tracks become one, and over the loud speaker I can hear, "Gleis eins, ankunft am siebzehn uhr von die Welt..." (Track one, arriving at five 0'clock from the world)

Finally, the longawaited train has come...

3 comments:

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew said...

Carolyn, your love for people and desire for true community inspires me. Thanks for sharing this stuff!

Incidentally, I think that it's interesting that trains have been a returning motif! Life is a great story!

I really enjoyed this though, I like your creative vision! And I just like you a lot too! Can't wait for Friday!!! <3, dk~

Bethany said...

Such a good post! I agree with Drew!