Friday, November 30, 2007

Some Things I've Noticed...

There is a Starbucks in the next city, and the hot chocolate with whip cream is still my favorite drink. However, when I am sitting at a table for four by myself, reading, it is very likely that three other people I don't know will sit down at the same table.

Everyone rides the trains here, including famous people, so I always keep an eye out for Rodger Federer.

Swiss people eat an average of 12 kg or about 25lbs of chocolate a year, but I am going to average way more than that this year. :)

Everyone's yards are immaculate, and they actually do the yardwork themselves.


Funny things people have said to me....

Frani: "Carolyn you left your radio walking." At first I didn't understand until I realized that if it had been going a little faster, I would have left it running. :)

Rachel: She is a native Swiss-German speaker, and we were having a deep conversation about marriage. She couldn't remember the word she needed to use in English, so she asked me, "Having one husband is monotony, right?"

Mauro: He was talking about ice hockey and said, "Are you any good at walking on ice?" I told I was not great at ice-skating, but that walking on water wasn't even a problem for me...

1 comments:

Ric Wild said...

Naze,
Glad to hear you haven't lost your appetite (I'm thinking about In-N-Out right now...hahah!) I wonder how much chocolate I eat in a year? Anyway, I hope you're doing well and that your trip home/to Seattle was grand.