Friday, November 9, 2007

The key to the Puzzle...

There is something so great about sharing new life with old friends. Who I am spans across time, oceans, and borders, and the person I am is even more apparent when I am without the friends and family who have shaped my life. However, when the two different locations are connected by a common denominator, my life seems to be completed like a puzzle. There is no way to explain experiences, describe settings, or give details about my life here, which makes it extrememly difficult to share life with you despite my best intentions. The only hope is for a few pieces of my life here to make connections with you at home.

Last weekend one piece of the puzzle was connected when a good friend of mine, Drew, came down from Germany to visit. We did everything that I typically do on the weekend and during the weekdays; Drew got to experience my life, while reminding me about how life used to be. Although my life is far from complete, one piece has been put in to connect the old to the new.

(If any more pieces want to come help finish the puzzle, I have the perfect place for you.)

0 comments: