Saturday, October 17, 2009

Think pink.

Apparently, in the design world, pink is in. Last year it was purple, so the only natural color to follow would be pink. I was subtly informed of this by a designer friend last weekend, and have been trying to think of ways to incorporate pink into my designs for customers. A pink toilette? A pink sink? Even as I think of these trendy possibilities, I cringe at the thought of plaguing one of my customers with a 1970's repeat of colored bathroom fixtures.


As we have been talking about worship at youth group this year, I have been answering questions about how I can worship God with my work. As a designer I want to improve people's lives through design. This may mean a pink toilette for someone who needs some color in their life to cheer them up, or it may mean a simplistic design of a kitchen to improve someone's efficiency and ease while cooking.

The worship comes in enriching peoples' lives through design; making their life easier and
hopefully reflecting God's design for joyful living.

(Thus, the creative and simple pink bathroom below.)










Trendir, laufen interiors, googleimages.com 2009

0 comments: