Thursday, November 20, 2008

I wish I had a fridge to post these on...

For the first time since beginning my new job as an Interior Designer, I left work feeling proud of what I had accomplished today rather than feeling defeated by a computer program. I don't really have a job description, but I work with 'Kreuz Bad und Heizung' drawing the customers' future bathrooms on this German computer program to show them what their new bathroom will look like. This is my first set of drawings that went with the designer to a customer sales-meeting tonight, and with a few changes will become a real bathroom soon!




After wrestling with this design, as well as two earlier bathrooms, trying to figure out what a 'torus' is, how to make the glass walls see-through, and even how to draw a curtain with brown rings on it, this is the final product. An accomplishment to be proud of, but also a promise of improving and learning even more about this program, design, and loving the work I do. How much would you pay for this bathroom that boasts a Twinline: shower and whirlpool duo, a Keramag Silk modern style sink, a Vasco Radiator/towel warmer, and a modern trend glass sliding door?

This is estimated at around 20,000 Euros...



5 comments:

jake said...

blogs are better than fridges. i am glad things are coming along for you. that is one good looking bathroom. way to be. side note-the word opportunized came up last night at book club and everyone kind of smiled and laughed for a second and then there was that kind of aw/sigh/heavy breath and sadness because you weren't there...um yeah...keep being great. hehe. miss you!

Ric Wild said...

Nase, that's one sexy bathroom. Way to go! But if I could make one change it would be to make the toilet flush botton larger. :)

Drew said...

seriously ric...i'm in agreement...i mean, the average guy doesn't stand a chance flushing with the standard hand lever...I have found a 3x5 two-hand push button to be quite practical.

Nase said...

Aw, a book club?! What are you guys reading/wow, I don't want to say it but maybe I should take this opportunity to opportunize, and just say that my friends are NERDS! :) Miss you guys too...

Ric, I'll work on designing a rediculously large toilet flusher.

Mike and Becka said...

I was really hoping to see some new pictures of a very recent event on here. Please :)!